Required yrs. of exp.: 7 -12 years / 12 – 15 years
Job type: Permanent
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005,2008 and Above )
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procedure, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU,memory,I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- Installation, configuration of SQL Server, including AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Cluster & Replication experience